Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Covenant

Yesterday I posted about how I'm learning more about the importance of commitment for the sake of refinement.

Call me a dork...but I get excited because I feel there's a strong supporting Biblical theme of covenant. Throughout scripture, God enters several covenants with His people. A commitment to their relationship for the purpose of refinement. If you think of more let me know--I'm hoping to blog more about them individually in the future. But, here's the list I've come up with:
  1. Noahic Covenant (Genesis 8-9)
  2. Abrahamic Covenant (Genesis 12-17)
  3. Covenant with Jacob (Genesis 28:12-15)
  4. Covenant with Joseph (Genesis 49?)
  5. Mosaic Covenant (Exodus 19-24)
  6. The Israel Covenant (Deut. 29-30)
  7. Davidic Covenant (2 Sam. 7)
  8. Promise of a New Covenant (Jeremiah 31)
  9. The New Covenant (Hebrews 8)

3 comments:

  1. Interesting. How does covenant relate to hope? Maybe God's good plan for his people? We can have hope because he has an expectation of good for us?

    (I thought I would post something so you know Kristin isn't the only one who reads your blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just you wait, Ruth. But it has something to do with Numero Nine!

    ReplyDelete