Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mapmaking: Look Up.

Near the end of college, I had this vision:

A little girl was walking along a muddy path. She was being very careful to not step in large puddles of water or to trip over tree roots peaking above the ground.

Her face focused downward her spirit quickly grew worn, filled with the tension of trying to stay clean and to avoid possible danger.

Suddenly the little girl realized that when she looked up the view was magnificent. As she continued forward she got a little mud on her feet and even lost her footing a few times, but her journey became filled with beauty and discovery.

Psalm 16:9-11
"Therefore my heart is glad, and my
whole being rejoices;
my flesh also dwells secure.

For you will not abandon my soul...

You make know the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

2 comments: